Portage College Public Legal Education Program
and Little Warriors
invite you to attend a FREE live online facilitator led interactive Prevent It! workshop via Zoom. Prevent It! is an evidence-based educational workshop developed in conjunction with researchers at the University of Alberta. The recently released Indigenous version of the workshop was developed with input and feedback from several Indigenous communities across Canada.
After attending the workshop, participants (those with, are around, or work with children) will feel empowered and be informed about the following:
- Child sexual abuse
- Child sexual development
- How to talk with children about healthy sexual development
- Troubling signs to watch for in children
- Troubling behaviours to watch for in other adults
- Child Protection Laws
- How to respond to disclosures of child sexual abuse
- How to report abuse
- How to reduce the risk of sexual abuse as responsible adults and organizations
Who should take this workshop?: ALL parents, professionals and volunteers that work or interact with children. All participants receive a comprehensive workbook and certificate of attendance.
Register for free online: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/little-warriors-prevent-it-workshop-indigenous-version-tickets-159526521119