COVID-19: Portage College implemented a policy that will require employees, students and visitors to be fully vaccinated by November 30. More Information
Funding Your Education

You may need to find more than just one source of funding to pay for tuition, books supplies and living costs while attending college.

  • Do you have money saved?
  • Could your parents or other relatives help?
  • Are you able to work part-time?

Check out other sources of money you don't need to pay back such as, grants, bursaries, scholarships, band education or Indigenous funding agencies as well as those that need to be repaid such as student loans. 

Our student Advisors can provide financial counselling and budgeting. They can help determine or adjust your training or career plan and work with you on sponsorship matters. If you would like help or advice please contact an advisor in your area. 

Lac La Biche 780-623-5551

Cold Lake 780-639-0030

St. Paul 780-645-5223

Toll Free All Campuses 1-866-623-5551

Aboriginal Student Funding

The most common sources of funding are Band, Settlement and Regional Council, these are some of the first places for First Nations, Metis and Inuit students to look. Also some funding opportunities can be accessed through government initiatives and non-profit organizations.

Financial Assistance

Figuring out how to pay for your college education doesn’t have to be stressful or confusing, as long as you know where to look and what steps to take. Our Student Advisors can guide you through the process.

Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries

Our goal is to support Portage College students in their success.

We acknowledge that Portage College’s service region is on the traditional lands of First Nation Peoples, the owners of Treaty 6, 8 and 10, which are also homelands to the Métis people. We honour the history and culture of all people who first lived and gathered in these lands.
Facebook Instagram Linkedin RSS Twitter YouTube