Student: Frequently Asked Questions

Have classes been suspended?
Classes resumed on Wednesday, March 18. However, no in-person classes will be held until further notice. Classes formerly offered in -person are now being delivered online.

I just returned from vacation outside of Canada, should I stay home?
Yea. All students who are returning from travels outside of Canada are required to self-isolate for 14 days even if you feel well. Individuals who have symptoms should take additional precautions and call Alberta Health Link 811.

Students should notify their program coordinator. Student residence should also call Student Housing at 780-623-5573.

Do I need a sick note if I’m missing classes to self-isolate?
No, but please call your program coordinator to let them know.

A member of my household has been directed to self-isolate, do I need to stay home?
If you live in the same household as someone who had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or is a returning international traveler, please don’t come on campus until their self-isolation period is over.

This is a stressful time, can I get help?
Yes. Our team of counsellors are available to help. To talk to a counsellor at your campus, please call 1-866-623-5551 and ask for a counsellor.

I was told to stay at home, do I have to listen?
Yes. To ensure the safety of our entire College community, instructors, coordinators and deans may deny you access to College campuses if you have symptoms, travelled outside of Canada or had close contact with someone suspected or known to have COVID-19.

What kind of support is available if I must miss classes because I’m self-isolating?
We will continue to support students in their learning. Please call your program area to work on a plan to support your learning.

Stay Connected


Privacy Policy